September Inspiration

by - Tuesday, September 27, 2011



Mori Girl Aesthetic: The Mori Girl (Forest Girl in Japanese) is a modern day  Red Riding Hood who loves tea, books, photography, quaint cafes and pretty loose- fitting dresses made of rustic, natural materials.  The style is a Japanese fashion sub-culture inspired by eco youth sensibility and quaint vintage fashion. Popular Japanese actress Yu Aoi embodies this quirky and charming fashion style.




Waxing photography: Moonlight Photography  creates ambient soul stirring moonlit landscape prints.

 


Paper as ritual: Dutch artist Jurianne Matter creates beautiful and inspiring paper design and art to celebrate life's many journeys. I am especially in love with her Lanterns and Little Trees  series.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. This has turned out to be one of my favourite of your posts - it led me to do some research on mori girls, and I found this super mori girl blog. Oh, I can't wait to spend even more time on this theme, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At one point in my life I wanted to be a mori girl! I'm generally known as a girly to my friends and family, but I couldn't pull off the mori fashion. It was just too sweet for me ;)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet! Your comment is appreciated!

Printfriendly

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

2007-2024 THE SWEET TIDINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POWERED BY BLOGGER